Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Finding Time

Recently I was sharing a devotional thought from Matthew 26 (Jesus being anointed with oil just prior to the Triumphal Entry) ... looking toward Holy Week I was making the application of giving a precious gift -- a gift of great extravagance -- that could be a picture of God's extravagant gift of salvation to us.

I belive that God impressed on my heart this thought, "Give me a whole day. A day spent in worship by reading My word, praying and singing." I thought that seemed like a great idea -- until I tried to figure out which day! Have you ever tried to set aside an entire day just to give as a gift to God? I haven't found one yet, but I don't want to give up trying. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Oberon said...

......religion divides us......spirituality brings us together.....Oberon.

Andrew Price said...

Well aren't you special, Oberon? What with at least five or six periods per ellipsis and your mindless semantics. I'm sure you're trying to say something, but I have no idea what it is.

Tuesday's Child said...

I was excited to find your new blog! I love the name (actually want to be one of those children). Your thoughts on a full day given to God were challenging, it is so hard to put aside that amount of time, but it's probably necessary to have a fully focused heart. I look forward to hearing more.